Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bamboo Towels

So I had been recently seduced by bamboo....while at the San Diego Fair this year, I saw a vendor with bamboo towels, robes, and socks.  I know - it is a weird combination.  I was interested enough to go up and touch everything and the guy was very helpful and explained that these towels were 4 times more absorbent than cotton towels.  The feel of the towels were slicker than cotton but it had a nice hand.


A set of one bath towel, one hand towel, and a face cloth was $45.00.  I thought it was in the range of the designer towels that I had purchased in the past and since I'm all about trying new things, I plucked down my money and bought a set in a lovely light blue color.


I was told to wash the towels in the usual manner in cold water and then lightly dry the towels.  Since they are super absorbent, they will continue to absorb the moisture from the dryer.  After the wash and a little drying, I hung up the towels and found that the drape was much looser than cotton towels.


After using them for a few days, I have to agree that they are more absorbent and are lighter even after wet.  The feel is quite a bit different but overall, these are a winner.  I guess that I will have to look for the vendor next year at the San Diego Fair and get another set.

No comments:

Post a Comment