Thursday, July 29, 2010

Repaired Ashford Loom

The replacement for the damaged piece came in the mail in record speed and I was able to systematically take the loom apart and put it back together again without any problems.  
I had to go out and buy a new screw to match the one I already had (from the undamaged side) and once installed, I warped the loom.
Well, I attempted to warp the loom.  I warped from front to back after getting the book Warping All By Yourself by Cay Garrett.  I discovered that I did not measure and use the warping board correctly.  Instead of having a 2 yard warp before I got to the cross, I instead measured 2 yards to the cross and back which unfortunately resulted in a 1 yard warp.  You can see that I have hardly any length.
I decided to leave it until I get back from vacation and use the green yarn for the warp and the brown pieces for the weft.  Not a catastrophe but it could have been better.  I took a pattern out of my Handweaver's Pattern Directory of 2/2 twill.  With the brown and green, it should go with anything in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment