Friday, December 30, 2011

Blue Face Leicester

When I first started spinning, I bought some fiber from Miss Babs Hand-Dyed Yarns and Fibers from her destash page.


I got this pretty colored batt in three bags of about 4 ounces each.
I had just gotten my Matchless spinning wheel and started spinning up the fiber. I was able to get 4 ounces of fiber per bobbin.
I sort of stashed the last batt for a long time and just pulled it out of the closet recently.  The last 4 ounces are being spun up and I have noticed that my spinning is much finer that it was.  I went back to old school by using the regular hook flyer instead of the speedy woolee winder.


My plan is to have a 3 ply yarn at the end of this project and maybe use it to restart my Featherweight Cardigan again since I'm not that enamored with the fabric that I'm getting so far with the soy silk.

No comments:

Post a Comment