Monday, December 12, 2011

Twistygoo Hat for Helmar

My best friend Valerie had neighbors Val and Helmar when she lived in San Diego.  They are a lovely couple from Germany and are so sweet.  Val helped me with gardening by supplying plants for my front courtyard.  She has a super green thumb.


I miss seeing Val and Helmar now that Valerie has moved to Colorado and try to make it over to the neighborhood to see them.


I decided to make this Twistygoo hat for Helmar since he has very little hair left.
It is made with Malabrigo Rios a super soft plied yarn of superwash merino.  The color is Azules.  I think this is my new favorite yarn to use.  Malabrigo colors have  always attracted me but their yarns previously were a single ply and would pill and felt.  This yarn is the best as far as I'm concerned.


I can't wait to see the hat on Helmar.

No comments:

Post a Comment