Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Spinning Wheel on Black Friday

I currently have two spinning wheels - a Schacht Matchless and a HansenCrafts miniSpinner.  I love both of these wheels and have been haphazardly perusing the equipment ads on Ravelry for a while.


Earlier this year, Schacht announced that it was entering the travel wheel market with the introduction of its Sidekick.  I originally put my name on the list for this wheel but ended up taking my name off because I decided that I could not buy a wheel without trying it out.


I found this out the hard way with my two other wheels which I purchased and then sold before ending up with the two that I have now.


Something about the Sidekick just kept calling my name and on Black Friday here in the U.S., I noticed an ad for a used Sidekick.  I wrote the seller and she told me she was already in talks with someone from Australia and I figured that the purchase was not meant to be.


Later that afternoon, I got an e-mail stating that the sale fell through and was I still interested.  I held my breath and wrote yes and it took a week for the wheel to arrive.


It is lovely to spin on and after a few practice sessions of breaking it down and putting it back together, the steps for storage seem a little bit easier.  The spinning is a little tight but I'm banking that it will smooth out once I put some mileage on this baby.


Here is the new wheel side by side with it's older sibling, the Matchless.

1 comment: