Saturday, December 31, 2011

Update on Tea Leaves Cardigan

Back in June, I bought yarn and the pattern for the Tea Leaves Cardigan.


I was happy knitting along thinking this would be my go to sweater and it would knit up without any problems.  I was doing really well for a while until I got to the sleeves.


I followed the pattern and found that after knitting half the sleeve, it was going to be too tight to fit over my big arms.  I then realized that I was not going to have enough yarn to finish this sweater since I still needed to finish another sleeve as well as pick up and knit all around the sweater for the trim.


Off I went to the inter webs and looked all around.  I found that Jimmy Beans Wool had the Cove color I was looking for in the Madelinetosh Tosh Vintage yarn.


I placed my order with other extras to ensure free shipping and settled down to wait.  I got e-mail after e-mail stating that the yarn was delayed and in the middle of December, I finally got some positive news that even though the yarn I had on order was still not going to arrive until after the new year, Jimmy Beans stated they had the short skeins (10 yards less per skein) in stock.


I went ahead and swapped out the yarn and just in case, added one extra skein and it finally arrived.
I had to frog the existing sleeve and restarted the sleeve with more stitches.  I picked up 13 stitches to add to the 46 of the sleeve and then knit until I will reach my elbow before decreasing.  I'm estimating that there will be 120 rows of knitting before the cuff which should result in a sleeve length of 16".
I may have to make some other adjustments to make the sleeve fit before moving onto the second sleeve.


Now that I'm knitting on this sweater, I have fallen in love again.  The color is my favorite and the handle of the fabric is very nice.  I'm motivated again to knit on this sweater and hopefully finish in a short amount of time to be able to wear it while I still can this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment