Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Seduced by Tea Leaves

When I was in My Sister Knits, I saw a sweater artistically displayed on a branch in the stairwell that just called my name as I walked by.  The color was exactly my favorite shades and I think because of the way it was displayed, it said "buy me!"


When I got back downstairs and found out that it was made from Tosh Vintage from madelinetosh.com, I was thrown for a loop.  I had just recently seen tables of madelinetosh.com yarn at the DFW Fiberfest and walked right by.  The color I bought is called Cove and it is a superwash merino which is machine washable cold with air drying.
The pattern is the Tea Leaves Cardigan and the yarn store didn't even have the pattern.  I had to go home and buy it online.  So I wound one skein of the yarn and knitted a test swatch and found that I needed to go down a couple of needle sizes.  I ended up using US 4 and 5 instead of the US 6 and 7.  I also employed my addi interchangeable needles and my new yarn bowl that I got at Lambspun.
The interchangeable needles made it really easy to switch needles sizes as called for by the pattern.  I'm through the first skein of yarn and am loving the pattern and the color changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment