Monday, March 19, 2012

Fondle This! August Kit

Back in 2010, I joined a spin/knit club called Fondle This! where I received a monthly offering for 10 months of the year with fiber and instructions on spinning to specification and a knitting pattern for the resulting yarn.


I sort of fell off the wagon after a few of the months and when I recently went through my closet, I found one of the packages so I decided to work on the kit.


The kit included 1 ounce of Fuzzarelly Batt (blend of angora and merino that may include fiber from alpaca, llama, angora goats, silk works and different sheep) in a pink/coral color and 1 ounce of merino top in a red color.  Each fiber is to be spun and plied together before knitting the Jelly Beans Mitts.  Another pattern was included for Felted Mittens, but I'm not so interested in felting.


Here are the singles that I spun on my Sidekick.
I think the size is about correct and I'm happy to report that I'm getting pretty good and spinning to specification.


I'll report again when the singles are plied and the yarn washed.

No comments:

Post a Comment