Friday, March 9, 2012

Who Knew the Secret?

I have been making progress on my wavelength socks and at the last class, it was explained to me when to start increasing for the heel gusset.


The big secret is to measure with your hand - no complicated formulas, no trying on the socks as you knit them - it totally blew my mind.


The way to measure is to put the toe of the sock at the bend in your wrist as you lay your hand face down on the sock.  When the length meets the end of your pinky, you are ready to start the heel gusset.


How come I never knew this secret?  Thanks to Marie at The Needlecraft Cottage!


Here you can see my sock so far.
Here is my hand on the sock to where my pinky is (even though my pinky is shorter than most other hands I have seen - I got this from my mom), Marie stated that it makes no difference as it is my hand and my foot.
Increase - here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment