Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sweet Tomato Heel

I have been making some progress on my first pair of socks that I started a while back.  After ripping it back a few times, I finally settled on a star toe and the self-patterning yarn is coming out very cool.  The yarn is from On Line and is their supersocke 100 in the Indian color way.
I decided to try Cat Bordhi's Sweet Tomato Heel from her new book (I took a class from her when she visited San Diego, but I learned another heel instead).


The Sweet Tomato Heel uses three wedges - a really ingenious design.


Here is my sock so far with the three wedges completed and I'm now ready to knit the leg of each sock and finish up with a stretchy cuff.
It was a little fiddly knitting two socks at the same time magic loop on one long cable, but once I rearranged the stitches into the thirds following the instructions, it was pretty easy to keep knitting.
This might be the first pair of socks knit this year and the first pair that will actually fit me.

1 comment: