Friday, April 27, 2012

Tunisian Crochet

I have talked about Craftsy.com before when I signed up for a sock knitting class.  Recently, there was a Tunisian Crochet class with Jennifer Hansen - also known for hairpin lace.


I signed up since there was a half off special and went to Jennifer's shop and purchased an interchangeable crochet hook set.  I was able to select a green case and teal cables.
As part of the class, Jennifer also has a coupon for a discount for shopping at her website.


I dug out some corn yarn I bought in Arizona a few years back.  I tried using the yarn for a scarf or something, but the yarn was not cooperative.


The sample for the class is crocheted in silk but I substituted for a DK weight yarn that I had in stash that was not wool based.  It is interesting to note that I don't have much DK weight yarn and nothing except this corn yarn that does not contain some type of wool.


I had to restart the project a few times since I kept dropping stitches but practice develops muscle memory so I was able to finish this in a couple of days.
Here is the completed spa cloth.
The next segment of the class includes the same spa cloth pattern, but instead of one color of yarn, it will be color work with three colors of yarn.


I will have to go to the LYS and purchase three skeins of some DK weight cotton or cotton blend.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mags I too signed up for several classes in the 50% off Craftsy sale. I am interested in talking about the Tunisian crochet as Stacie and I are thinking of taking up crocheting again and we see references to that style often. Maybe you could bring a sample when you come?

    ReplyDelete