Thursday, October 27, 2016

City Sidewalks Quilt

Last year, Jeri and I attended the Del Mar quilt show.  I saw a sample of the city sidewalks quilt that caught my eye.  I purchased the pattern and then proceeded to search for fabric to make the quilt.  The maker of the pattern is no longer online.

It took me a while, but I plodded along making the squares.
The technique calls for the same pattern with different fabrics at each location.  It was a puzzle to keep the fabrics in the correct stacks without repeating.

After completing all the squares, you are then suppose to add some edges to some of the squares.  I could not figure out how to align the squares with the edges to make it work out without cutting perfectly good squares, so I decided to change the design a bit to keep everything intact.
After joining all the strips, I added a 2" border and it is now ready to be matched with a backing fabric and quilted.

No comments:

Post a Comment