Thursday, December 30, 2010

Ashford Rigid Heddle Loom + Stand

I succumbed to another used loom.  I found a good deal on an old Ashford 24" rigid heddle loom with a stand and it arrived this week.  The box was huge with a ton of peanuts.


After consulting the Ashford website for assembly instructions, I finally got the loom and stand put together.  Since it only came with a 7.5 dent rigid heddle, I decided to destash all the cotton yarn that I had in the garage.  I used three skeins of solid colors for 70 ends and am planning on weaving some cotton dish rags.


It was too much to direct warp since I did not have the warping peg or the clamps so I used my warping wheel with a 5 yard warp.


I needed some help with tension to warp the loom and I had a little get together of my spin pals at my house and they helped me warp the loom. Here are some photos of the loom with warp and one finished rag on the loom.

No comments:

Post a Comment