Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Bounty

Christmas began with my family arriving on a very wet day in San Diego.  As the days progressed, the weather got better.  The first stop was Costco which was a mad house with predator parking.

We were able to eat at El Portal and Pho T Cali.  Here is the bird nest noodle dish.
My brother brought his new dog Sophie to visit and overall she did really well.  She learned the dog door in no time flat, but there is still some mistrust between her and Bailey.  I think he has not figured out how Sophie fits into the hierachy of the pack.  Pepper of course is the alpha.  Sophie is a very sweet girl and is interested in everything.  I took a few videos of her here and here.
We also spent some time playing on the Wii "Just Dance" and it was hilarious.  Here is a link to my aunt dancing like an Egyptian.

My mom also recreated her garlic noodle with shrimp dish based on a noodle dish that she and my brother liked from a secret kitchen in Los Angeles.
Christmas dinner included a roast, carrots, potatoes, a salad, and Val's contribution of her lemon cheesecake souffle. 

Here are the gifts that I received.
Glass blown ornament from Tim Lazer Glass Company
Sewing supplies of a Moda quilt kit and guttermann thread pack
Knitting supplies of a Knit Your Own Mini Ninja and 5 skeins of Rowan Summer Tweed in a light green colorway
Cotton Bamboo towels

It was a great holiday with good food and company.

No comments:

Post a Comment