Friday, December 17, 2010

My New Favorite Fiber - Polworth

The last time I was at Maryland Sheep and Wool, I purchased the festival's themed fiber of Polworth.  It was very light and fluffy and I really found it soft.

Fast forward to this past weekend and I was contemplating some Blue Faced Leicester fiber when my resident fiber guru, fluffysgarden, recommended I would be happier with Polworth.  Since the cost difference was neglible and after she gave me a sample to spin, I purchased the polworth instead.

Also at the fiber gathering of spinners, one of the other participants had some cleaned polworth fleece that felt super soft.  She was selling 4 ounces for $10 and I purchased two bags for 8 ounces.  As you can see the staple length is about 4" and it has a subtle radiance that I hope maintains when the fiber is spun into yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment