Thursday, December 9, 2010

Losing Streak Intact

I have always known that I was not lucky.  I rarely win any contests and my raffle and bingo numbers are rarely if ever called.  And forget gambling establishments - I would probably be luckier if I stood naked and handed out money.


I mistakenly thought that I might try to change my luck and I recently entered a contest to do just that.  What a way for the universe to deliver a smack down!


I recently uploaded a post titled "Vote for Me" trying to turn my luck around.  I had participated in a spin-a-long and thought I would have a good chance at getting first place.  I mean, when you have 11 of the 29 entries, it seemed like pretty good odds, right?


Well here are the results:



We have a winner!!! yarnmagic’s SOKKA, with the addition of fluffy white angora bunny fur crossed the finish line with 20 votes. Congratulations, Elisabeth!!! You win back the cost of your package that Sokka was a part of. Woohoo!!!


The final totals for all yarn in the gallery are below identified by name, title, and the number of votes:


sdmags #2 Prince Zuko: 10 
sdmags #3 Appa: 13 
sdmags #4 Aang: 13 
sdmags #5 Toph: 11 
sdmags #6 Katara: 11 
sdmags #7 Momo: 17 
yarnmagic # 8 Princess Yue: 17 
sdmags #9 Order of the White Lotus: 10 
sdmags #10 Sokka: 11 
sdmags #11 Prince Zuko (2): 8 
sdmags #12 Uncle Iroh: 13 
sdmags #13 Ran & Shao: 5 
yarnmagic #14 Master Pakku: 6 
yarnmagic #15 Sokka: 20 
yarnmagic #17 Katara: 14 
modernspin #18 Toph & Momo: 13 
modernspin #19 Appa: 7 
modernspin #20 Sokka: 4 
modernspin #21 Katara: 6 
modernspin #22 Prince Zuko: 5 
rois #23 Appa: 4 
rois #24 Uncle Iroh: 7 
rois #25 Prince Zuko: 7 
rois #26 Toph: 2 
theluckielizard #27 Appa: 8 
theluckielizard #28 Yangchen: 8 
theluckielizard #29 Aang: 12 
theluckielizard #30 Momo: 6

You can see the winner in RED with 20 votes.  I'm happy for Elisabeth from Norway (yarnmagic) who spun a very pretty skein of yarn.

I can safely say that my losing streak is intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment