Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dimma

As I posted here, I was commissioned to knit up a lace scarf in Qiviut.   Well, I could not resist constantly touching this fiber and started to knit the scarf pretty much right away.  I still knit some of my other things, but any extra time I had, it was devoted to this scarf.


I modified the scarf pattern a bit because I just could not break the yarn in two.  I ended up knitting the pattern all the way through instead of breaking the pattern in two sections and grafting them together.


I used US 6 needles and slipped the first stitch on each row to give it a really nice edge.


I would love to knit with this yarn all the time.  It was so very soft that it was sort of like holding a cloud.  There were no breaks in the yarn and except for a few pieces of loose fuss, the stitch definition was readily apparent.  The two ply is tight enough to keep the yarn from splitting and I was using very pointy needle tips.


Here is the finished scarf - I'm almost tempted to keep it!
My friend Jan has teased me in the past stating that I'm a princess due to my preferences for soft luxury fiber and yarn.  No shetland for me!  After this experience, I think I will elevate myself to a queen.


It took me a week to finish and give it to Donna.  She loves it and was petting it all night.
Verdict - awesomeness!

No comments:

Post a Comment