Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cotton Wash Cloths

When I got my Ashford rigid heddle loom, I warped it with Sugar 'n Cream cotton that I had in my stash.  I talk about it here.


Well I finally finished the wash cloths and I sent it though the washer and dryer.  They came out very soft but the edges were a little funky.  I cut them all apart since I sent it through the wash all still connected.


Here are the finished wash cloths.
 Warp consisted of Hot Purple, Sage Green, and White
 Cool Breeze Ombre weft
 White weft
 Denim Twists weft
 Hot Purple weft
Sage Green weft

I got one each of the Hot Purple and Sage Green, two of the White, four of the Denim Twists, and 6 of the Cool Breeze Ombre for a total of 13.

I used up three skeins of yarn accounting for 431 yards of cotton and have some left over of the Denim Twists and Cool Breeze Ombre.  I'm going to use these for a while to determine if they are absorbent enough to make more.  I still have quite a bit of this cotton left over.

1 comment:

  1. I like them. I have a collection of the cotton stuff too and have been trying to wean our house from the sponges toward the cotton wash cloths for the dishes. Eduard looks at them suspiciously. I need to warp up and use up some of my cotton, too.Jeri.

    ReplyDelete