Thursday, February 3, 2011

In Dreams Mystery Shawl

So last year, I joined a KAL (knit-a-long) to make the Evenstar circular shawl based on the Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the Ring book.  I'm sad to say that it is not finished as I got sidetracked with other craft projects.  It is now a WIP (work in progress).  I'm still putting in some time working on it.


For the next series, the In Dreams shawl is the KAL for the Lord of the Rings - Two Towers.  I decided to use the yarn I purchased from the Unique Sheep called Aurora in the Rescued color way.  It is lace weight super wash merino.  This color way was one of their special runs and money from the purchase went to support animal rescue.
There is still time to sign up for the KAL here - the deadline is February 4th.  The cost is $9 with $1 going to Doctors without Borders.  The first clue will come out on February 4th at 6:00 PM EST. Subsequent clues will come out every other Friday through May 7th, for a total of seven clues.  If you stay on course, you should have a finished shawl by summer.


I downloaded the swatch and tried a few combination of beads, but wasn't too thrilled about the results.  I think I'm going to skip the beads and just have a nice lace shawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment