Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sacramento Field Trip

I had to go to Sacramento for a work field trip and it was shocking how cold it was there.  Even though I checked the weather before I left San Diego, it was much colder than expected.  When I landed at the airport, it was very foggy.  I had forgotten how the fog looks trapped in the valley.


When exiting the airport through baggage claim, I noticed the art decor in the relatively new airport.
There were a few of these art pieces and was a bit overwhelming in size.


As I was driving through different areas of the city, I took some shots of the homes in the older part of town.
The architecture is very different from where I live and the land area is mature with trees.


I was also able to stop by the Rumpelstiltskin near the Capitol.  It is a great little shop in an old brick building.
They carried all kinds of supplies for fiber and are a dealer for Schacht.  There was a naked baby wolf loom in the shop and the spinning wheels were on display.  I bought some fiber there - a soft 85% BFL and 15% Silk blend.


I was also able to visit with my parents.  All the camellias were blooming.
These are all from bushes in the yard at their house.  I also dropped off the fingerless mitts that my parents requested.  Here is my Dad's pair.
My mom got the pair I had knit for myself a while back.
We were able to have lunch with a doggie bag to take home for dinner.  It was nice to be back in warmer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment