Friday, February 18, 2011

KAL Progress

So it has been a few weeks since the start of the KAL (knit-a-longs) and I have some progress to report.


Blooming Mystery KAL - 


The clues come out once per week on saturday morning so I have knit up two clues so far.  Here is is after week 1.
Here it is after week 2.
There are to be 5 clues in all and this hand spun yarn is soft and has a very nice halo.  The pattern is very easy to read and follow - no problems as yet and no having to tink (un-knitting) back.


In Dreams Mystery KAL - 


This project was more problematic.  The yarn I was using is a very fine lace weight - you can see the swatch here.
However, when the knitting was going in earnest, the stitches were not very defined and the yarn kept splitting.  After getting halfway through the clue, the stitch count was all wrong and I attempted to tink back but that made an ever bigger mess.  I frogged (un-knit the whole thing) and threw the yarn in the corner.


I dug around my deep stash looking for some lace weight with enough yardage I could use and found this soy silk.
The colors are a bit bold but since I'm not using the beads through out the shawl, I'm hoping that the pattern will be readily apparent when the shawl is blocked.


This yarn is a dream to knit with and the singles are tightly plied so no splitting going on.  Here is the result at the end of clue 1.
The KAL has clues coming out every other week so I'm looking forward to the next clue release this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment