Saturday, November 19, 2011

Fiber in Colorado

The second day in Colorado, Val took me to the Quilter's Stash to pick up some supplies for a sewing class.
We then headed for lunch at the Back Porch which is attached to the back side of Lambspun of Colorado.  This place is the setting for the Maggie Sefton mystery books.  It is a lovely store with a yummy cafe.  I could live there.
I found some yarn to buy and ended up with Cascade Yarns Heritage Silk Paints in my favorite colors of green and brown.
I also scored two skeins of Araucania Patagonia in the green color way that I'm using to knit a sweater.  I made some modifications to my sweater and found that I needed more yarn to finish the sweater.  The color has been discontinued so I have had a hard time finding more skeins.
I also picked up the Jane Austen knits magazine that has some great patterns.


Next we hit Your Daily Fiber which is a store front for an alpaca, llama, and yak farm.  There are poster sized photos of their animals and it is a great little store. The shop had this great swift for winding balls of yarn.
I picked up a few skeins of The Fibre Company's Canopy which is a baby alpaca, merino, and bamboo blend.  It is lovely and super soft.  My plan is to use the yarn for the Mithril Vest knit-a-long which starts in January.
The shop is also trying to collect hexi-puffs to make a blanket to auction for charity and there were maybe 10 puffs in a huge basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment