Sunday, November 20, 2011

Paper Piecing Placemats

Val also arranged for me to take a private lesson to learn how to do paper piecing and make some place mats.


Sandy of Totes by Sandy taught the class and she brought her dog Daisy who can do tricks.  Here is a little film clip of Daisy.
Val set up her dining room and kitchen as a craft room and we were ready to get started.
The methodology of paper piecing is right up my alley and after getting some pointers from Sandy, I got to work.


Here are photos of Sandy's samples.
And here are photos of my progress.
The pattern called Cappuccino is from Judy Niemeyer Quilting and her quilts are beautiful to behold.  I think I will practice a while before attempting one of her big creations.


Sandy brought some of the finished quilts for show and Daisy made herself right at home on them.

1 comment: