Wednesday, January 23, 2013

New Projects in the Queue

I received an e-mail from the Loopy Ewe regarding a giftable kits club.  The premise is that a kit would contain yarn and a pattern which once could knit and gift to someone else.

There was a glitch so when I received the e-mail and went online to look at the description, all the spots were sold out.  This was a good thing for my 2013 goal of not buying yarn.

I then got the idea of why not putting together my own kits to make stuff.  I would go through my stash of yarn and then look at my pattern queue on Ravelry and put together projects to knit.

I was able to put two kits together.

I have this cotton and rayon yarn that I could make the Shift of Focus sweater.
And I have this superwash merino - Malabrigo Rios in the purple mystery color that I could make the For Good Hat.
Of course I need to finish some of my projects on the needles before I can tackle these in the queue but it was fun to cull through and put my own kits together.

No comments:

Post a Comment