It is the end of another year and I went back to look at my 2012 goals that I posted.
1. Eat more mindfully
2. Exercise at least 3 times per week
3. Finish knitting a sweater
4. Finish knitting a pair of socks
5. Finish the Evenstar shawl
6. Make a point to be more social
7. Be thankful every day
8. Limit spending on hobbies
I was not a total failure since I did accomplish goal 3 and 4. I made some progress on goals 1, 2, and 7. However the rest of the items went by the wayside.
I'm making my list of goals for 2013 and I hope I will have more willpower and control to make them happen.
1. Eat more mindfully and cook at home.
2. Exercise at least 3 times per week.
3. Work on finishing works in progress before starting new projects.
4. No buying yarn for the year.
5. Spend one day per month purging excess stuff in the house.
6. Limit craft related spending to one per month.
7. Spend more time on my Artfire shop.
I had a chat with Val and we made a pact where we would use the craft supplies we already have instead of buying. I hope to make some dent in the stash. To make sure that we are not being deprived, we are allowed to make one purchase per month relating to crafting, i.e., supplies, tools, classes, etc., but only one per month.
I'm going to keep a tally here on the blog to keep myself on track. I hope that having to make notification, I will be able to keep on the path for the new year.