Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Among Giants

This past weekend I went home for a visit.  Due to my excellent timing, I was able to attend my cousin Angie's chinese banquet celebrating her wedding to Bill back in April.  As you can see, I am among the giants that are my cousins.  Tony and his wife April (who is expecting and is scheduled to deliver on December 15) as well as Angie and her husband Bill.  I really don't know how I missed out on the height gene.


Here is the taro cake that was at the banquet.  It was very pretty as well as being delicious.  I ate two pieces at the dinner and then another piece the next day.

Sacramento weather was very much like home with a cool breeze at night.  I was able to eat Chinese food galore as well as see the remodeled T Street house that was my grandparents home for many years.  It sure looks a lot different than what I remembered.  It has been at least 3 years since I have been back to visit.

I was also able to drive to Dixon to see Tony and April's new home and Tony bbq'ed some chicken for lunch and we ate out on the patio.  Lovely place in a great neighborhood.  You have to love living in the culdesac.

On Sunday, I was able to visit the farmers market which was totally outrageous.  I really miss this here.  I neglected to take my camera but the cabbages were as big as pumpkins with all kinds of greens as well as farm raised chickens, ducks, beef, pork, and fish.  I even saw a stand for mushrooms where you can buy a kit to grow your own mushrooms.  I noshed on some cherries and got some to eat on the way home.

Whoever said you can't go home is totally wrong.  I melded in with my parent's routine and was able to knit, read, and work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment