Sunday, May 9, 2010

Back on the Budget Bandwagon

I took stock of my financial status this weekend and determined that I needed to get back on my savings bandwagon. It has been a spendy few months with the DFW Fiberfest as well as Maryland Sheep & Wool with all it's ancillary fibery goodness that I couldn't resist. Between my yarn stash and my fiber stash, I'm good to go for quite a long time. I think that my impatience gene is rearing its' ugly head and the drive to buy it now so I can work on it now needs to be tamed.

A case in point, I have lovely cashmere/silk fiber in my stash that I pet from time to time but am still having that resistance to spinning because it is so nice. Lots of money tied up there. So April's Fondle This! club offering was 1 ounce of mongolian cashmere to spin to a fingering weight for knitting the Yarn Harlot's Pretty Thing.

After trying and failing to spin on one of my new drop spindles, I got out my trusty Matchless spinning wheel and went to town. I was able to spin up a lovely 97 yards of 14 wpi. It took me maybe 2 hours to spin and another hour to ply and now it is ready for washing.

I need to work up my mojo to battle the "Resistance is Futile" lure that is fiber and yarn! So no more spending except for NEEDS in my everyday life. This will be suspended on personal trips scheduled for the next month or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment