Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Gift for Val the Gardener

I am lucky to know a lovely couple from Germany - Val and Helmar who live not to far from me. Val has a super green thumb and has a small garden plot in the neighborhood that she maintains and she has a lovely garden of her own.

She has generously shared so many of her plantings with me that my front courtyard is filling out with her many offerings.

As thank you for all her effort, I gave her my knitted scarf from January's Fondle This! club. Here is the raw fiber.

And here is the spun up skein of yarn.

I thought it was fitting to give her the gift on this mother's day weekend. She loved the finished scarf.

Hopefully she will enjoy using the scarf in the future.

I'm very lucky to have such wonderful people in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment