Sunday, May 23, 2010

Does this count as falling off the sheep?

So yesterday, my spinning group got together for the day of fibery goodness.  We all caught up with the happenings in our lives, I did a show and tell of the goodies I got at Maryland Sheep & Wool and gave out little goodies to the peeps.  
Fluffy's Garden was the only one to bring a main dish of lasagna while the rest of us made or brought dessert.  Seashells brought cherries and blueberries which were delish.  As always, good eats!


I talked to Fluffy's Garden about my aunt's request for a remake of the Bears on Glacier scarf which I don't have any yarn for and she graciously provided me with choices from her magic binder from Ashland Bay.  I decided to buy 1322 yards of undyed superwash merino called John Day from her to dye and knit the scarf for my aunt.  We estimated that I would use 10 ounces of the 16 ounces and it was much cheaper than buying already dyed yarn.  Once I get it, I will dye by myself at home and start the scarf.


I also finished a baby hat which used 92 yards of my stash yarn.  So that is 1322 in and 92 out.  Not so much progress in my first month....:(.  It can only go up from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment