Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Yummy Cashmere

So I need to rave a bit about my fabulous experience with cashmere. I got 1 ounce of mongolian cashmere from my Fondle This! fiber club and it was oh so lovely. I think I have gotten over my fear of spinning with the "good" stuff since it begged to be spun and knitted because May is almost over and the next selection will be coming to my door momentarily.

Here is the 1 ounce of mongolian cashmere in in lovely tannish gray color.

I spun up the lovely fiber on my Matchless spinning wheel and was pretty close to the specified weight. The singles were 40 wpi and when plied, doubled it was 14 wpi but I only ended up with 97 yards. It was still really soft in the skein.

The pattern is Pretty Thing by the Yarn Harlot - Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. I can't imagine how soft this will be against my neck on some rare cool day in San Diego.
I know that I can always wear it to Chicago if I go back in the winter.

Here is the work in progress. I'm bummed that my 97 yards only took me to row 40 of 61 so I'm hoping to get a little more fiber to finish this project.

This is my 4th project of the year from Fondle This! and I'm egotistical enough to think that I'm definitely improving on my spinning for knitting. Now to conquer the hoard that is my fiber stash of "fiber too good to spin yet."

No comments:

Post a Comment