Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Icelandic Sweater with Horses

I follow the Panopticon blog and Franklin is in Iceland right now and posted that he saw a bunch of lopapeysa (traditional Icelandic yoked sweaters).


He followed up with a post with a website that one could download a free pattern to make one of these sweaters with horses.


Here is a photo of the sweater.
Since I was born in the year of the horse, I think this would be an apropos project.  It is knit with an aran weight single ply yarn in 100% wool.  That definitely will be too hot for southern California so I need to scope around looking for something else.


I will have to wait until 2012 before starting this sweater since I have too many WIPs in the queue. 

1 comment:

  1. I really liked the sweater that featured the rams along the bottom edge of the sweater. I might try and chart that one out.

    ReplyDelete