Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sakaki Dilemma

As I previously posted, I joined the Twisted Socks are for Suckers club and the second installment was a skein of Creating by A Verb for Keeping Warm in the Asterix color way.


The pattern that came with is the Mithril Cowl by Star Athena.  I was not really interested in making a lace cowl and I dug around my pattern library and decided to make the Sakaki Shawl.


I modified the pattern to include beads in between the body and the edging but not at the edge of the shawl.  I have some beads left over from another project but not enough to bead the entire shawl.


Everything was going pretty well until I hit the lace pattern section.  I followed the written instructions and moved along until I got to the other side and looked at the results.
This is what the lace panel should look like.
I think it looks awful and I'm debating whether to rip it out and just do the plain knitting through the lace section or try to restart it again.


I decided to reknit the lace panel in another yarn with my signature needles and following again the written instructions, I ended up with this.
I must have had a brain hitch and I'm not sure what exactly happened.  I really like the lace panel so I will be ripping out what I have and starting the lace panel over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment