Monday, October 31, 2011

Sakaki - Epic Fail

I talked about the shawl pattern here a while back dealing with the lace panel and after I solved that problem, I continued knitting the shawl hoping to finish it as soon as possible.


The yarn I used is A Verb for Keeping Warm called Creating and I find that the hand of the yarn is very coarse feeling.  Of course, I am a princess so pretty much everything except for cashmere is coarse.


I showed this project to a few of my friends and almost all had the same thing to say - that the yarn is very stiff.  It could be a very good thing, since the yarn is tightly twisted, there is no chance of it splitting during knitting, but for me, I'm not a fan.


So I continued knitting and at the last knit group get together, I came to the conclusion that I did not have enough yarn to finish this shawl.


Here is what I have remaining and I still have to decreased another 13 stitches - no way, no how.....
I feel this project was doomed from the get go and I'm going to frog the entire thing and go back to knit the pattern that came with the yarn - Mithril Cowl by Star Athena.  I was not that attracted to the lace pattern so to appease the gods of knitting, I'm going to knit the plain version and hope for the best.


Sakaki will be revived another day with another yarn that I hope will be more forgiving - probably some hand spun.

No comments:

Post a Comment