Sunday, October 9, 2011

Vista Fiber Festival

This weekend was the first annual Vista Fiber Festival held at the Vista Steam Engine Museum.  Fluffy participated by vending with a booth and allowed me to have a few items for sale.
It was a beautiful day and the event was well attended.  Jan and I arrived early to help Fluffy set up her booth and I walked around taking photos of the other vendors.


Here is the booth across from Fluffy - Weaver's Cupboard.  They had the Schacht spinning wheels and a Wolf Pup Loom.  They also had a triangular loom set up being woven through out the day.
This is Slipped Stitch Studios where I purchased some project bags where the theme was "all about sheep."
I also bought a pattern keeper with ruler magnetic bookmarks.
Vista also has a weaver's guild and they have a barn full of looms.  I walked through the barn and here are some of what I saw.
I'm told that if you become a member of this guild, you can make appointments on the looms and weave to your heart's content.


At the end of the barn, there were two antique singer sewing machines being worked.
There were also alpacas present and were too cute.  
I also bought a knit kit from the Knitters Brewing Company, a couple of ounces of organic cotton, and a boat shuttle.
I spent most of the day in the Spinner's Circle talking about spinning and demonstrating on my miniSpinner.  It was a quite lively group and periodically, Fluffy would give me a handful of fiber for sampling for the spinners in the circle.


It was a great day and I hope it becomes an annual event.

1 comment:

  1. I saw your stuff there! I looked to see if you were selling that green Madelinetosh top you made awhile ago. Since your favorite color is green, I suppose not! I ended up explaining to some ladies why the 'purple scarf' was $75. (They didn't know I knew the artist). I think it's great that there were obviously non-fiber people there. I had fun, although all the looms in the weaver's area kinda scared me. I heard you've been sick recently, and I hope you're feeling better. I'm at Twiggs this Monday, but I'll see you at Starbucks sometime soon!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete