Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I'm a Process Knitter

I think I have come to the concluion that I am a process knitter as opposed to a project knitter.  The difference is enjoying the process of knitting instead of just rushing to finish a project.  I have been knitting seriously since 2007 and at the beginning I was project oriented.  I saw pictures of knitted items and wanted to make them to have the item.  This slowly gave way to the process.  After mastering the basic stitches, I was more interested in learning new techniques and eventually graduated to lace knitting.  Knitting lace takes quite a long time and I found that finished items were few and far between.


I still made other small things and when I started spinning my own yarn, the knitting portion became even slower.  I found that I started to accumulate knitted items in the closet and was not really interested in wearing them.


As a result, I started to sell them to see if I could recoup some funds to spend on more fiber and yarn.  It is a vicious cycle.


The last items that I sold as part of the Vista Fiber Festival were these:
 Blooming Garden Shawl
Symphony V Moebius and Sea of Azov Scarf

I have a closet full of items that are ready to leave and I have surveyed the number of knitted items that I seem to wear most often and I can count them on one hand.  Luckily most of items in the closet are going to a craft sale in Colorado next month and hopefully some of those knits will go home with people who can appreciate and use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment