Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The First Week with 4 Dogs

It has been a week of living with 4 dogs - my two and my brother's two.


It is a very hectic life with 4 animals milling about.  They have come to some sort of pack hierarchy and there are no fights for position now but Bubby still tries to intimidate to no effect.


I did find some poodles fluff out in the yard so there was probably some kind of scuffle while I was not home but there was no blood and everyone seems fine.


Pepper is still trying to eat food that is not hers and Bailey is still tentative but peace reigns in the house.


Food time has to be well timed and I need to hold the bowl for Sophie as she is such a slow eater that nothing would be left if I put the bowl on the ground.  Bubby is good at protecting his food bowl even though he eats kind of slow as well.


Since they were not use to eating on time and free fed, it was a chore to put down and pick up their food bowls.  After the third day, they came to the food bowl right away and ate their meals.


My slippers are absent when I wake in the morning and I usually find them in the yard.  There is barking between 4 and 5 in the morning for no reason.  I think everyone has settled into a new routine.


Pepper and Bubby have even decided to share a bed.
Walking 4 dogs is a chore of insanity and they don't like to be left alone while I walk a few at a time.  I just let them play in the canyon instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment