Friday, January 27, 2012

My Stay with Jude

My friend Jude invited me to stay with her during my trip and I was with her for a week.  It was a bummer that we both had to work and could only really play on the weekend.


The first night I was there, I actually went to the wrong house but soon realized that the cats were all wrong.  Once that correction was made and I got into the right place, I slowly settled in.


I went by and got the makings for dinner and had dinner ready by the time she got home.  We had roasted chicken, zucchini, and roasted yams and sweet potatoes.


It was much colder at night and I was bundled between lots of blankets.  It was eventful and enjoyable week.


We ate out at Bowl'd, a local Korean rice bar that was excellent.  I order the bibimbop which was delicious.  I was hard pressed to finish and after quite a long dinner, I proclaimed success.  Jude had the BBQ pork which was overloaded with meat.
We also had a couple of appetizers which pretty much came at the same time as our entrees and we ended up taking stuff home.  The little dishes of samples were also pretty good.
While we were waiting for a table, we stopped by a few local shops on the street.  One was this futon place with awesome fabrics.  I fell in love with the crane motif.  I figured that I could make a comforter from this fabric.
We also met up with Jude's cousin and fiancee for brunch at Gallardos Mexican Food.  They are known for their posole and menudo.  Most of us ate the chorizo and eggs and we sampled a bowl of posole.  The soup was excellent.  The chorizo was different then what I have had in the past and it was not spicy at all.
On the weekend, Jude and I went to ArtFibers, Dharma Trading, Penzey's, and had lunch at Amici's.  I actually ate here twice since it was introduced by a friend at the FBI who use to work at the restaurant chain.


Previously I ordered the Siciliano pizza which comes with no tomato sauce, but I was able to have the pizza half with sauce and half without.  The half without was better.  When I went with Jude, I ordered linguini with clams and she ordered the same pizza with a spinach salad.
It was a great visit, we watched some dyeing and spinning DVDs, watched Hanna and Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, warped a loom, carded some fiber, knit, chatted, ate, and shopped.  A very nice time had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment