Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sacramento

The last week of my trip was Sacramento, Modesto and Bakersfield.  As I headed south, the warmer it got.


I was able to see my family there and have a dinner gathering at our favorite spot.  New Station has been highlighted in the past, here.


I also hooked up with my friend from the third grade, and we had a sushi lunch at Fuji's which has moved.  
The amount of food is overwhelming.  We got to sit at the bar where they have little boats that move with dishes constantly being replenished.  The wait for space was so long that we sat in the warm car to wait.
After a filling lunch, we headed to Big Lots and the Dollar store to kill some time before heading to see the latest Twilight movie - Breaking Dawn Part 1.  It followed along the book pretty well.


I also was able to meet up with Linda at Babetta's Yarn & Gifts to spin on her Sequoia wheel.  I placed myself on the wait list and wanted to try out spinning on one before I firmly committed.  It is a great wheel and I was impressed.  I'm only number 84 on the list - I should see this wheel sometime in 2014.
I also bought some buttons for my Shalom sweater there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment