Sunday, August 26, 2012

Chicken with Honey Beer Sauce

At the grocery last week, I picked up a copy of Cooking Light.  I had subscribed to this magazine when I first moved to San Diego and have cooked many a recipe from its pages.  Actually, my supperclub started from an article in this magazine.

I was flipping through and there was an article for super fast and budget friendly recipes and I decided to make one since I had all the ingredients, or so I thought.

For the chicken with honey-beer sauce, I had to substitute French's hot mustard for the dijon and hard apple cider for the beer.  I also had these freakishly large chicken breasts from Costco in the freezer and I ended up with a great meal.
You can tell how large the breasts were since the pan is a 12" skillet.  The chicken was moist and the dish paired well with the beans and couscous dish from the last supperclub.

No comments:

Post a Comment