Monday, August 20, 2012

Mini Sock

I started watching a new podcast called Single Handed Knits by a knitter in Kauai and the scenery where she podcasts is beautiful.  Melissa is also very upbeat and she started an event called Sock the Vote to correspond to the political season without all the negative energy.

The sock knitting (voting) begins on October 1 so we have a lot of time before the starting gun.  She offered a little challenge while we are waiting and it is to knit a small sock.

I belong to the Green party (for those who know me IRL, you can see how fitting this is) and my socks have to have the color green.

I dug out some leftover sock yarn and knit this small contribution.
The yarn is Malabrigo sock in the aguas colorway and the pattern is Toe-up Mini Socks.

This is way more fun than the real political race.

No comments:

Post a Comment