Tuesday, December 11, 2012

New Epic Quilt Project

Val took me to the Quilter's Stash and enticed me to start a new epic quilt project by tackling a Judy Niemeyer quilt pattern which is paper piecing.

The pattern I chose is called the Glacier Star and Sandy, who is a certified instructor, made one which she brought by for me to see.
The next step was to pick the fabrics out for the pieces.

The center piece consists of these fabrics with the orange as the center star.
The flying geese around the star will have a variety of these fun fabrics.
The star points outside of the geese will be variations of these fabrics.
And the rest of the quilt and the extension to make it a queen size quilt are these fabrics.
The cool thing about this project is that each section is broken out in little bags so you only work on a small section at a time and you only pull everything together at the end.

I started cutting the first section and the packages are ready to be sewn.  I will be working on this quilt for the next year at least - a small bite at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment