Monday, December 17, 2012

Out with the Old and In with the New

I am not someone who embraces technology at a fast pace.  I may be interested but I usually don't adopt the newest version of anything.

I have been going through my iTunes library and saw that I had some great music to listen to that I don't take advantage of so I pulled out my old iPods and tried to get some music to sync to listen to.  My new car has a jack for it now.

I have to confess that I had the original shuffle (the long one) with 1 GB of space as well as a mini with 4 GB of space.  I was able to get my new iPad connector to plug into the mini since it had a firewire connection - my MacBook Pro does not have that firewire connection.

The shuffle was able to sync with autofilled music but the battery only gave me about 20 minutes of play before it died.

Then, I had to get some tech support from my brother and when I discovered that even though my computer recognized my iPod mini, it would not sync.  After talking to my brother on the phone, he finally said, "Get with the times.  You need a new iPod."  So he ordered a new iPod nano for me for Xmas and I went by the Apple store to pick it up.

It is a 7th generation iPod in a green color - my favorite.
The speed of technology is amazing.  My iPod mini with 4 GB of space was the size of a altoid mint case.  This new iPod is smaller than a credit card and it has a video screen.
Now to look for a clip case.

1 comment:

  1. I have been toying with the idea of the new ipod but so far my phone has taken on most of that role!

    ReplyDelete