Saturday, May 11, 2013

Bertolli Chicken Alla Vodka & Farfalle

Vons was having a sale on these frozen meals which I sometimes see on the end caps.  I decided to try a couple of them out since sometimes I come home from trips and have no fresh food in the house.  These types of meals are better than fast food on the way home from the airport.

I took out the Chicken Alla Vodka & Farfalle to try and everything was frozen individually including the sauce in small cubes.  The package states everything would cook in 9 minutes and you have the option of a skillet on the stove top or the microwave.
I poured the frozen contents into a skillet on high for 3 minutes and then turned it down a nudge and cooked about 6 minutes.  After a few stirs, I still needed to it cook a bit more for the sauce to all breakdown.
My review of this is about average.  The vodka sauce was tangy but the chicken pieces had a boiled taste.  The pasta was a bit al dente but the worst was the asparagus pieces which were very tough and stringy.  I would not buy this meal again.

I'll see if I change my mind with the other package another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment