Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Featherweight Cardigan

At long last, the Featherweight cardigan is finished.  This was my first sweater that I actually spun yarn for and of course, I miscalculated and ended up needing another 4 ounces of yarn.  It was quite a dilemma since I had to dye up some more fiber to try to match the original batts.

I think it turned out quite well despite the introduction of a deeper purple than was originally present.  I used up almost all the yarn to make the shawl collar a bit bigger.  Very little left over at the end.
I'm so glad it is finished.  I started this sweater February 2012 and have since improved on my spinning as well as knitting.  For a sweater to wear around the house on cooler mornings, I can't be happier.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent! I'm so impressed you used your own hand spun. I'd be wearing this sweater everywhere with a sign "My very own hand spun"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job, Mags! I love the colours and the knitting looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete