Friday, May 24, 2013

Field Trip - Colorado

I spent some time in Colorado driving around quite a bit.  The first day we were there after flying into Denver, the skies were ominous.  The day was very dark and dreary and we had no luck locating the person we were looking for.

I comforted myself with a chicken caesar salad at the Embassy Suites.
They had a great fountain in the center lobby and as usual a great cook to order breakfast.
The next day had clear bright blue skies with lots of white fluffy clouds.  Here are some shots as we were driving all day.
The colors were wonderful blues, greens, and browns.  We saw quite a few nests in the trees as we drove around the state.  In fact, I saw this sign.
I wonder if it would lead to a place where there are sheep to be had.  We didn't have time to go off the track to see.  Intriguing thought though.

In Sterling, we stopped at Gallagher's and shared the game plate and some potato skins.  The elk was a bit too well done and chewy, but the duck legs were very tasty.
After having no luck in locating anyone, we headed back to the hotel and had bison burgers for dinner.  I had mine with the sweet potato fries.
We headed home the next day and grabbed a bite to eat at the airport and saw these vitamin waters.
You are to twist the colored top and then it releases the vitamin into the water to keep it fresh and then shake and open and enjoy.  I had one with lunch and it was a pretty tasty fruit punch.  I brought the orange one home.

The Frontier Airlines flights that I booked were not very enjoyable.  The people were nice but the planes were over an hour late each way and the luggage took forever to land at baggage claim.  Very long days and no free snacks at all!  I think I will stick with Southwest when I go there again.

1 comment: