Saturday, June 11, 2016

Another Attempt at Burgers

After my first attempt at burgers with bacon which didn't turn out exactly as I expected, I decided to try one more time with guests.

I pulled out 3 packages of the ground beef from J&J Grassfed Beef (my local CSA cooperative) and 2 packages of Trader Joe's apple smoked bacon.

I also looked up moist burger recipes and cobbled together what I thought would work.

I ground up the bacon in the food processor and added it to the meat and mixed that by hand for a bit.  I then added 3 tablespoons of evaporated milk, which I had some leftover from something else, 2 tablespoons of worcestershire sauce and 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper and a handful of shakes of some ground garlic.  I also added 3/4 cups of panko bread crumbs and an egg.  The meat weight was about 2 pounds.

After hand mixing the ingredient together, I used my trusty tupperware burger press mold for perfect burger patties.
On the grill covered and only flipping once.  The bacon fat produced quite a bit of smoke but the smell was great.
A burger with all the fixings and they were claimed a success and should be repeated.

We also a dessert after gorging on burgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment