Monday, June 6, 2016

Morning Bunnies and Weaving

Almost every morning, I woke up to bunnies hanging outside my door.
It rained a few nights and it was a lovely sound once I figured out what it was.

Lecture and weaving happened in the studio each day.
I got to try out a bunch of different looms for hours at a time and decided that the Spring was for me as a birthday present to myself this year.

We wove up seven samples and my technique improved on each one.  We rotated around so everyone could weave each sample.  I was one of the slower ones.
I practiced seeing a square with my eyes and learned about the fibonacci series.

We also worked on color inspiration where we selected photos from magazines that spoke to us and then used the color wheel to select yarn for weaving.
My picture was fall colors and I attempted colors on my own.
When the group participated, these were the colors I got.
Yarn galore and my poor credit card was used to the max.  Good foreign exchange made it worth while.
I would love to come back for the next class in the series and Jane was an excellent teacher.  My mind was blown in some way every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment