Thursday, June 2, 2016

On my Way to Salt Spring Island

I decided to attend a Jane Stafford weaving retreat to learn more about weaving in a structured environment and have a relaxing vacation at the same time.

It took two planes to get to Salt Spring just north of Victoria and I flew Alaska Airlines to get there.
With a lay over in Seattle, I had breakfast for lunch with some Hawaiian food.
Sharon, another attendee who lives in Victoria, picked me up at the airport and took me to the ferry where we boarded a 40 minute ride to Salt Spring.
We were met at the ferry by Jane and another attendee, Dolfi.  We headed back to the house where we hooked up with the other 2 farm stay attendees - Jude and Gitte.

We then were treated to dinner of foods all from the island.
Potato and ham casserole with home made bread, carrots and a salad.

We each had a napkin with our name and it rotated around the table for all the meals.
The house is great with 3 stories and up to 5 rooms with one of them unoccupied this trip as it is a screened in porch which was too cold for this time of year.
Under the patio cover was my room for this stay with doors leading out to the yard and the garden beyond.
Then the hen house with eggs galore.
The front garden was fabulous as well.
Then down the hill a bit on the gravel road is the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment