Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Back to the Real World

After such a wonderful food experience at Salt Spring Island, it was lowering to come back to reality.

The first meal off the island was Korean food in Sidney where I spent a night on the backside of the retreat.
I ordered the bibimbop which also came with a soup.
I caught my flight out of Victoria the next morning and when I hit Seattle, the customs and TSA queue were crazy inefficient.  Even with my global entry, it took quite a while to get through and the TSA was an exercise in frustration.  I had to file a complaint when I got home.

At the terminal where my connection was to depart, all I had was this for a lunch option.
What a huge let down from the fresh organic food I spent a week eating!

After I got home, Yaling and I went to Ototo Sushi for dinner where we shared a ramen, sushi, and an appetizer called tomato something, but no tomatoes present.
Now it is back to cooking my own food.

No comments:

Post a Comment