Thursday, June 7, 2012

Finishing the Mithril Vest

After blocking the Mitril Vest, I spent a few hours finishing the vest.  The instructions state that after blocking, sew the shoulder seams.


I used this video for a guide and the join looks great.
Next is the neckband.  The instructions were pretty clear as you knit the beaded border edged and knit a stitch from the back of the next stitches after picking them up from waste yarn.  The front left side was pretty easy with the slip, slip, knit at the end.


It was a little more interesting on the front right side as I had to slip the neck stitch onto the left needle and then knit 2 together from the back loop.  The way the stitches lay are different from the front left side.  Not so even a column of beads on this side but I guess since it is the back of the neck, it won't be too noticeable.


Finally, the finished vest.
It was a ordeal but I'm happy with the results.  I'll be wearing this come hell or hot weather at Estes Park.

1 comment: